Aug. 30, 2018
About the Parade of Nations and Opening Ceremony [Temporary Parking Facilities / Traffic Restrictions]
On Saturday, first day of the tournament (September 15, 2018), the City of Tahara will hold a parade across the central area, featuring the athletes participating in the competition accompanying the ISA President and the marching fanfare. The parade will depart from Mikawa Tahara Station and end at the Tahara City Hall, where the surfers will also grace the tournament's opening ceremony.
At the opening ceremony, the participating delegations will proceed with the Sand of The World ritual, offering a case of sand brought from each respective country.
These events will be held simultaneously to the concurrent Tahara Festival, held on the same day. Guests are kindly recommended to use public transportation as best as possible when coming to the venue due to aggravating traffic congestion in the vicinity. Guests moving by car are advised to observe the traffic restrictions in place and move ahead of the time in preparation for delays.
- ● Parade of Nations and Opening Ceremony - Temporary Parking Facilities
- • Tahara Fukushi Welfare Center (cap. 100 cars)
• Tahara Chubu Elementary School (cap. 240 cars)
• Aichi Minami Agricultural Cooperative Association Tahara Branch (cap. 50 cars)
• Tahara City Chuo Park (about 160 units)
*: No regular parking available at the Tahara City Hall.
- ●Traffic Restrictions (Road Blocks)
- During the Parade and Opening Ceremony, road blocks will be enforced from 9:20 AM to 11:30 AM, starting at Mikawa Tahara Station along until the Tahara City Hall.
Please see the map below for the parade course and road blocks.
For Traffic Restrictions enforced as preparations for the Tahara Festival - which will be held simultanously - please click HERE (opens external site on new window).
- Parade Course · Parking Facility Location
- Parade and Opening Ceremony Road Blocks